Monday, January 15, 2018

Light Runs From Me

The sun is free, shadowed by trees;
I see the light running from me.
My skin is cold, my soul is torn;
Sunlight kiss me, but never warms.
Thoughts are black, my mind plays games;
Compassions gone, staggering pain.
Blindly run, lost, losing track of time;
Thoughts are bleak, they break my mind.

Something missing, soon to break;
Mistake, mistake, mistake after mistake.
I feel the ache, pain to my bones;
Will I see home, die alone I groan.
The sun stares blankly, run light run;
Angry soul, heavy heart, it's just not done.
Wake up, fake smile, fake I'm okay;
And again the light fades, fades away.

Sky is clear, sunny day, life abound;
Broken down, no sound, brains wound.
Times up, challenges I don't accept;
Inept I wept, expect promises unkept.
Again the sun fades with sun shades;
Brigades of grenades, tired of charades.
Sun cascades but misses me, blockades;
Decades avoiding parades and crusades.

The light running from me, without remorse;
Of course I try to find the source by force.
Drawn to light and intercourse, denied;
Cried wide eyed, pride slides from inside.
Fears unclear, light hits the atmosphere;
Bounces off the new year and disappears.
Again suns free, but shadowed by trees;
All I can see is light running from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment